1. How do I get started with hellomobile?
Simply purchase a hellomobile sim card from any authorized dealer or hit the “GET MY FREE SIM” button on this website and we will deliver a sim card to you free of charge.
2. Do I need to RICA my hellomobile SIM?
South African law states that everyone must RICA their sim before it can be used. Our authorized dealers can assist you, alternatively give our friendly call centre agents a ring on 0861 666 786 and they will assist you. You can also RICA your hellomobile sim card at any Cell C store.
3. How do I recharge my account?
Easy! Recharge with Cell C airtime vouchers, which can be bought at most retail stores across South Africa.
4. How do I make an international call from my hellomobile SIM card?
Exactly how you would from any other cell phone or landline. Simply recharge and dial.
5. How do I send an international SMS from my hellomobile SIM card?
Simply type out your message and send it to the number you want to reach.
6. How do I check my balance?
Dial *101# to check your balance. This can be done at any time of day or night.
1. Can I switch to hellomobile but keep my existing number?
Yes! Vodacom, MTN and Telkom Mobile users can easily switch to hellomobile and keep their numbers. Please note that at this point in time, Cell C users cannot port their numbers to hellomobile. Please call our friendly call centre agents on 0861 666 786 and they will assist you with porting your number to hellomobile.
2. Can you help me with a porting problem?
That’s what we’re here for. Give us a call on 0861 666 786 and we’ll do everything we can to help.
1. Which countries can I call at hellomobile’s fantastic international rates?
There are lots! Check out the full list here.
2. What happens if I call a country that’s not on the list?
You will be charged Cell C’s international call rates, which you can find on www.cellc.co.za
3. Can you add my country to the list of discount destinations?
We love to help out where we can. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do.
4. Can I call locally with my hellomobile SIM card?
Of course. Choose between our value-for-money options and start calling across South Africa.
5. How do I change tariffs for local calls?
Simply dial 141 and follow the voice prompts or dial *147# and follow the prompts. You have one free tariff change per month and will be charged a small fee for changes thereafter.
1. I haven’t used my hellomobile SIM card for a while and it’s stopped working. Help!
We deactivate sim cards when they haven’t been used to make a call for more than 120 days. Unfortunately, these cards can’t be reconnected and the number will stop being available for use. Please purchase another hellomobile sim card and get it RICA’d.
2. I have a problem making international calls from my hellomobile SIM. What do I do?
Not to worry! Contact hellomobile on 0861 666 787 or email email@example.com for assistance.
3. What can I do about bad international call quality to a specific destination?
Contact hellomobile on 0861 666 787 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide all the details: the time, date, number you calling from, the number you dialled and a quality description of the call. We’re here to help you out.
1. How do I set up voicemail?
Simply dial 141 and follow the voice guide.
2. How do I listen to my voicemail?
Dial 144 and follow the voice guide. From a non-hellomobile and Cell C phone, please dial 08414 [the last 9 digits of your cell phone number]#[your password]# (Note: the default password is 1234).
3. How do I get my data settings?
Simply follow this guide:
You should have received an SMS when you activated your hellomobile sim card, asking you to activate your data settings. Check your SMS inbox for details or check on www.gsmarena.com to see if your phone is data-enabled. Otherwise, look through the user guide that came with your cell phone.
Dial *147# from your cellphone to request the Cell C Customer Menu.
Choose Option 9, followed by Option 1 (Data Settings)
A message will be sent to you stating that your settings will arrive shortly, as well as instructions on how to save the settings.
You will then receive your data settings via SMS. Save these settings onto your cell phone by selecting “save”.
Switch your cell phone off for 2 minutes before switching it back on.
Your cell phone is now set up with data settings.
If you have any problems with this process, call 140 for guidance.
4. Does hellomobile offer data bundles and how much do they cost?
Yes we do! Choose from a range of data bundles, which start at a low 5c per mb. To see the prices of data bundles and how to purchase them, please click here. Also look out for our ongoing data promotions.
1. Do I need to activate international roaming or international calling to use my hellomobile SIM?
No! Each hellomobile sim is already enabled for you to make affordable international calls, as soon as you recharge with Cell C airtime.
2. Can the hellomobile SIM work overseas?
At the moment the hellomobile sim can only be used for calls that are dialled from South Africa.