1. How do I get started with hellomobile?
Follow our four-step guide and start making calls across the world. Check out the easy steps here.
2. Do I need to RICA my hellomobile SIM?
South African law states that everyone must RICA their SIM before it can be used. Visit our How to RICA page for info.
3. How do I recharge my account?
Easy! Recharge with any CellC airtime vouchers, which can be bought at most stores across South Africa. Here are the steps you can follow to recharge.
4. How do I make an international call from my hellomobile SIM card?
Exactly how you would from any other cell phone or landline. Click here for our quick guide on the process you need to follow.
5. How do I send an international SMS from my hellomobile SIM card?
Simply type out your message and send it to the number you want to reach by following these steps.
6. How do I check my balance?
Dial *101# on your cell phone and press the green call button to receive your balance. This can be done at any time of day or night.
1. Can I switch to hellomobile but keep my existing number?
Yes! Vodacom, MTN and Telkom Mobile users can easily switch to hellomobile and keep their numbers – find out how here. Please note that at this point in time, Cell C users cannot port their numbers to hellomobile.
2. Can you help me with a porting problem?
That’s what we’re here for. Give us a call on 0861 666 786 and we’ll do everything we can to help.
1. How do free hellomobile-to-hellomobile minutes work?
Depending on your price plan, you earn free hellomobile to hellomobile or Cell C airtime, SMSes and data to use. To check which price plan you are on, dial *147# and choose option 1 to see what is available to you. Then, check out our incredible promotions for more details on the value we give you every time you recharge. Super charge
2. Which countries can I call at discounted rates?
There are lots! Check out the full list here.
3. What happens if I call a country that’s not on the discount list?
You will be charged Cell C’s international call rates, which you can find here
4. Can you add my country to the list of discount destinations?
We love to help out where we can. Send your request to [email protected]hellomobile.co.za and we’ll see what we can do.
5. Can I call locally with my hellomobile SIM card?
Of course. Choose between our value-for-money options and start calling across South Africa.
6. How do I change tariffs for local calls?
Simply dial 141 and follow the voice prompts or dial *147# and follow the prompts. You have one free tariff change per month and will be charged a small fee for changes thereafter. 7. I received an international voucher from hellomobile. How long is it valid for?
International vouchers are valid for 30 days from the day that you receive them. All your international calls will first be deducted by the value of this voucher, and you will then be charged at the standard rate for the country that you are calling.
1. I haven’t used my hellomobile SIM card for a while and it’s stopped working. Help!
We deactivate SIM cards when they haven’t been used to make a call for more than 120 days. Unfortunately, these cards can’t be reconnected and the number will stop being available for use. Please purchase another hellomobile starter pack and activate your SIM according to this guide.
2. I have a problem making international calls from my hellomobile SIM. What do I do?
Not to worry! Contact hellomobile on 0861 666 787 or email [email protected]hellomobile.co.za for assistance.
3. What can I do about bad international call quality to a specific destination?
Contact hellomobile on 0861 666 787 or email [email protected]hellomobile.co.za and provide all the details: the time, date, number you calling from, the number you dialed and a quality description of the call. We’re here to help you out.
1. How do I set up voicemail?
Simply dial 141 and follow the voice guide.
2. How do I listen to my voicemail?
Dial 144 from your hellomobile cellphone and follow the voice guide. From a non-hellomobile and Cell C phone, please dial 08414 [the last 9 digits of your cell phone number]#[your password]# (Note: the default password is 1234).
3. How do I get my data settings?
Simply follow this guide:
You should have received an SMS when you activated your hellomobile SIM card, asking you to activate your data settings. Check your SMS inbox for details or check on www.gsmarena.com to see if your phone is data-enabled. Otherwise, look through the user guide that came with your cell phone.
Enter *147# on your cell phone and press the green/call button to request the Cell C Customer Menu.
Choose Option 6 (Data Settings)
A message will be sent to you stating that your settings will arrive shortly, as well as instructions on how to save the settings.
You will then receive your data settings via SMS. Save these settings onto your cell phone by selecting “save”.
Switch your cell phone off for 2 minutes before switching it back on.
Your cell phone is now set up with data settings.
If you have any problems with this process, call 140 for guidance.
4. Does hellomobile offer data bundles and how much do they cost?
Yes we do! Choose from a range of data bundles, which start at a low 5c per mb. To see the prices of data bundles and how to purchase them, please click here. Also look out for our ongoing data promotions.
5. What about BlackBerry services on hellomobile?
You can activate BlackBerry services on a month-to-month basis for R27 per month. In order to activate it on your BlackBerry, follow these steps:
Select Option 7 (BlackBerry Services)
Make sure you have enough airtime (R27 will be deducted from your airtime balance)
If you have any issues, call 140 for guidance.
6. What are the benefits of BlackBerry services on hellomobile?
Unlimited browsing on your cell phone, including: social networking (e.g. Facebook, BlackBerry Messenger, Twitter), sending and receiving emails, web browsing
Get pre-determined applications (Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, BB Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and the BB Application Centre) which will be sent to your handset when you activate the service
Add up to 10 personal email addresses (Yahoo, Hotmail , Google and AOL accounts are all supported).
1. Do I need to activate international roaming or international calling to use my hellomobile SIM?
No! Each hellomobile SIM is already enabled for you to make affordable international calls, as soon as you recharge with Cell C Airtime.
2. Can the hellomobile SIM work overseas?
At the moment the hellomobile SIM can only be used for calls that are dialled from South Africa