1. We/us/our shall mean the Hello Group (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sister – companies, parent, related entities and/or divisions.
2. We take your privacy seriously and keeping your personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We comply with all legal obligations imposed on us to safeguard your personal information. We ask that you read this policy carefully as it is designed to inform you about how we intend to use and process your personal information.
3. There is no obligation on you to provide us with your personal information. The decision not to provide us with your personal information may limit the products and/or services we are able to offer you.
4. You may from time to time use our products and/or services which require you to provide us with your personal information. You consent to us sharing your personal information across our products and/or services in order to provide you with our products and/or services in an efficient manner.
5. The personal information we require from you includes, but is not limited to, details such as your name, age, identity number, customer number, email and/or physical address, telephone number, source of income, assets and liabilities, financial information such as banking details, account numbers and bank statements.
6. We will never ask you to access our products and/or services and/or to update your account settings, personal information, pins or passwords via a link in an email or SMS.
7. We will not collect or use your personal information without your consent and will only disclose your personal information in the following instances:
7.1 Where you have provided consent to the said disclosure; and
7.2 Where we are required to disclose your personal information under law and/or by a regulatory body.
8. By using our products and/or services and accepting our terms and conditions you consent that we may use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will make available to you an “opt-out” option. If you do not “opt-out” of our marketing activities, it means that you have given us your consent to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. We may, with your consent, process and/or share your personal information in other countries and to carry out your instructions, when you use our products and/or services. Please note that the countries in which your personal information is shared and/or processed may not have the same level of protection as we provide to you. We will only conduct business with regulated entities who hold the necessary licences and approvals from regulatory bodies in their respective countries.
10. Our security systems are designed to prevent loss, unauthorised destruction, damage and/or access to your personal information from unauthorised third parties. Should there be any breach in our systems, we shall inform you immediately of such breach.
11. If you believe that the personal information held by us is incorrect or incomplete, you may notify us of any amendments which need to be made. We may require proof of the personal information in order to correct the personal information held by us.
12. This policy is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and you consent to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in respect of any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the formation, interpretation, substance and/or application of this policy.
13. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. All updated versions shall be posted on our website.
We make sure you’re always connected to your family and friends with our easy recharge options. Top up with CellC at any time of day or night by purchasing vouchers from stores across South Africa, or dialing 141 and following the voice prompts.How to stay connected
Ready to get going? Visit your nearest Hello Mobile store or vendor to claim your free SIM card. We’ll help you RICA your SIM (jand you’ll be calling across the world in no time!